The new BMW F 850 GS is something special.
BMW have certainly made the focus of this bike to be far more off road oriented than previous years.
It’s ability through some of the toughest adventure trails I’ve ridden were undoubtedly impressive… yet you could tour in style courtesy of top end feature like cruise control and heated grips all whilst listening to integrated music and navigation.
It is truly a versatile new model.
It will be available from January 2019
Look out for the review in an upcoming issue of AMCN and at amcn.com.au
- Two-cylinder in-line 853cc engine
- 70 kW (95hp) at 8250rpm and 92Nm at 6250 rpm
- Crankshaft with 90-degree crankpin offset and 270/450-degree ignition spacing
- New steel bridge frame for increased robustness and riding precision
- New upside-down telescopic fork
- Aluminium two-sided swinging arm with central spring strut
- ABS, ASC and the riding modes “Rain” and “Road” as standard
- Riding modes Pro with ABS Pro and dynamic brake light
- DTC and the new riding modes “Dynamic”
- “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro” as optional equipment
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA as an optional equipment item
- New onboard electrical system with more powerful alternator and starter.
- LED headlamp as standard
- LED daytime riding light and LED additional light as optional equipment.
- 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen
- 23 litre fuel tank for ranges up to 550 kilometres
- New colour along with the two style variants Rallye and Exclusive
Rideaway Price: $17,990
By Gareth Jones