$1000 Per Minute for the King of MX! | Events
A revitalized NSW State Titles has been unveiled with a unique new format set to make becoming the NSW Champion a more appealing option for those riders looking to build their racing careers. 6 qualifier events taking place around the state allow racers to earn a ‘Golden Ticket’ to the ‘King of MX’ final being held at Goanna Tracks, Coonabarabran on June long weekend (9th-11th).
Motorcycling NSW CEO, Dave Cooke: “It’s no secret that the NSW State Titles has been in need of a boost, so we went back to the drawing board and developed a completely new concept, which makes it easier for riders of all ages and all levels to be a part of the event, while also allowing them to race as many other club and open race meetings and series as they like without any disadvantage. We really wanted to create something special, and so the King of MX idea was born”.
Racers need to enter one of the 6 qualifier events (see schedule below) where the top 5 or 6 finishers in each class earn their Golden Ticket to the final. Once a rider has qualified, they can still ride the other qualifier events but they can’t win another Golden Ticket, so that gives even more riders a chance to qualify. At the final, State Title Champions will be decided over 3 motos for each class, and some will also earn a spot in the King of MX feature race.
- Qualifier 1 March 3-4 Sydney Region (Clarence)
- Qualifier 2 March 10-11 South Coast (Nowra)
- Qualifier 3 March 17-18 Hunter (Cessnock)
- Qualifier 4 April 21-22 Riverina (Young)
- Qualifier 5 May 5-6 Central West (Dubbo)
- Qualifier 6 May 12-13 North Coast (Moree)
- FINAL June Long Weekend 9-10-11 Goanna Tracks Coonabarabran
King of MX
There is prizemoney on offer for the State Title classes, but the big one is the feature race, a winner takes all, $10,000 prize purse. The King of MX feature race is the richest motocross race in Australia, and will consist of the top senior racers from every class, so everyone from the pros right through to the C-Graders and Vets who get through will be in with a chance. And at only 10 minutes in length, the door is wide open for anyone to take out the crown in this epic sprint race. Ten Grand for Ten Minutes, to crown the true King Of MX.
SENIOR CLASSES – all classes are Championship Classes for the State Titles.
· MXD (under 19)
· MXW (Ladies – All Powers)
· C Grade (All Powers)
· Veterans +35yrs (All Powers)
· 4/u9 50cc Division 1 (Demonstration – non championship)
· 7/u9 50cc Division 2
· 7/u9 65cc
· 9/u12 65cc
· 9/u12 85cc/150cc 4 stroke (Standard Wheel)
· 12/u14 85cc/150cc 4 stroke (Standard & Big Wheel)
· 12/u16 Girls 85cc/150cc 4 stroke (Standard & Big Wheel)
· 14/u16 85cc/150cc 4 stroke (Standard & Big Wheel)
· 13/u15 100cc – 125cc 2 stroke
· 15 Years 100cc – 125cc 2 stroke
· 13/u15 128cc 2-stroke – 250cc 4 stroke
· 15 Years 128cc 2-stroke – 250cc 4 stroke
· 13/u16 Years Junior Girls 100cc – 150cc 2 stroke & 250cc 4 stroke