New BMW R 1250 R/ RS and BMW R 1250 GS Adventure | Manufacture News | News
Details of the BMW 1250 R, RS and GS Adventure have been released at EICMA. Naked, sport touring and adventure versions using the new powertrain that debuted in the R 1250 GS.
The highlights of the new BMW R 1250 R, BMW R 1250 RS and BMW R 1250 GS Adventure:
- Further developed boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology for variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
- More power across the entire engine speed range, optimised fuel consumption and emission levels, increased running smoothness and refinement.
- Increased output and torque: 100 kW (136 hp) at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6 250 rpm (previously: 92 kW (125 hp) / 125 Nm at 6 750 rpm and 125 Nm at 6 500 rpm.
- Capacity increased to 1 254 cc (previously: 1 170 cc).
- Asynchronous valve opening on the intake side.
- Camshaft drive now via toothed chain (previously roller chain)
- Oil supply and piston base cooling.
- Knock sensor system for optimised travel suitability.
- Latest generation of BMS-O engine control and use of twin-jet injection valves for even more effective carburetion.
- New exhaust system.
- Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro, Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC, available as an optional equipment item ex works.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation.
- Standard adjustability of the seat height on the R 1250 GS Adventure (exception Style HP) as well as a wide range of seat height variants ex works.
- New optional Sports Handlebars for R 1250 R for a more dynamic riding position.
- In addition to standard adjustability of seat height (exception: HP style for the R 1250 GS Adventure), wide range of seat height variants ex works.
- LED headlamp for the R 1250 RS (completely new design) and R 1250 GS Adventure as standard; LED daytime riding light for all models as an ex works optional equipment item.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5 inch full-colour TFT display offering many features as standard.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option.
- BMW Motorrad Spezial – customisation features as optional equipment items ex works.
- Extended range of optional equipment items and original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
The new R 1250 R:
- Dynamic naked bike character in one basic colour, two style variants and Option 719 Spezial finishes.
The new R 1250 RS
- Sport and touring character in one basic colour, two style variants and Option 719 Spezial finishes.
- New front spoiler and cockpit cover (R 1250 R and R 1250 RS).
- Newly designed upper trim (R 1250 RS).
The new F 1250 GS Adventure
The BMW R 1250 GS Adventure will build on the stock BMW R 1250 GS model making it more comfortable and competent in the dirt.
- Off-road and adventure prowess in two modern basic finishes and two striking style variants.
- R 1250 GS Adventure with new body features such as black-grained lid for storage compartment with embossed GS logo, trim for the intake snorkel, radiator trim with electroplated look, tank bracket and engine protection bars adapted to the design of the body frame.