Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition announced with the adventure machine now sporting more suspension travel and more travel-ready features.
The biggest news for off-road adventurers is Expedition’s new offroad-specific and fully adjustable WP XPLOR suspension, which offers 240mm of travel on the front and rear of the motorcycle versus 220mm/215mm front/rear travel on the standard Norden 901.
On top of the off-road friendly suspension, Husqvarna has given the Expedition a good dose of kit from its technical accessories catalogue equipping the new machine with adjustable heated grips and rider’s seat, touring windshield, and pannier kit that offers up to 36-litres storage capacity.
Completing the complement of useful adventurer touring kit the Expedition is loaded from the factory with a centrestand, engine guard and Connectivity Unit which gives Bluetooth access to downloadable maps, Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, Call-In, Call-Out, and view real-time traffic information via your smartphone once connected via the Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app. Music selection and volume can also be controlled safely while riding using the handlebar-mounted buttons.
Under the bodywork, the Expedition is powered by the same liquid-cooled 889 cc parallel-twin engine found in the standard Norden 901 producing a claimed 77kW (105hp) of power at 8000rpm and 100Nm of torque at 6500rpm, and housed inside the same chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame.
Of course, if that isn’t enough kit to keep your adventure bike habit under control Husky offers a gaggle of technical accessories to ramp up protection, performance and the Expedition’s visual appeal. There’s even a range of technical apparel on offer so you can match your ride.
The 2023 Norden 901 Expedition will be available in May 2023 with pricing to be announced closer to the Expedition’s sale date.
- WP XPLOR suspension offers longer travel (240mm) and full adjustability
- Heated grips and rider seat for cold weather comfort
- Touring Windshield for reduced fatigue on extended rides
- Side Bag Set offers convenient storage
- Centrestand for easier maintenance
- Heavy duty Skid Plate for complete protection of tank and engine
- Connectivity Unit provides Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, Call-In, Call-Out, and music selection from the rider’s smartphone
- Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app available from Apple AppStore and Google Playstore
- Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame with engine as stressed member
- 889cc parallel-twin engine with 105hp peak power and 100Nm of torque
- Four selectable ride modes (Street, Rain, Offroad, Explorer)
- Cutting-edge, switchable cornering ABS with Offroad mode
- Easy Shift function
- Cornering-sensitive traction control allows for nine levels of adjustable rear wheel slip (in Explorer mode)
- Power Assist Slipper Clutch (PASC)
- Tubeless spoked wheels in off-road dimensions and Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres for maximum performance on the street and off-road
- Large capacity 19-litre fuel tank provides an extended range of up to 400km