Here is 7 interesting Moto3 stats you may not know, relevant for the big race today
- Brad Binder starts from pole for the fifth time in 2016. From his previous four poles this year, he has only gone on to win the race once, which was at Misano.
- In second place on the grid is Nicolo Bulega. This is his fourth front row start in his rookie season in grand prix racing.
- Gabriel Rodrigo is starting from the front row for the first time in what will be his 40th grand prix start.
- Heading the second row is John McPhee, after his best qualifying result since he started the final race of 2015 in Valencia from pole position.
- Livio Loi starts from fifth place on the grid – his best qualifying result since he was in second place on the grid at the opening race of the year in Qatar.
- In seventh place on the grid is Darryn Binder, his best grid position in grand prix racing and making it two South African riders in the top seven place on the grid for the first time ever in the lightweight class of grand prix racing.
- Winner of the last grand prix, Enea Bastianini, starts from 15th place on the grid – the first time since the Catalan grand prix that he is not on the front row.
Statistics compiled by Dr. Martin Raines