2022 KAWASAKI Z650RS | MANUFACTURER NEWS
Kawasaki unveils details of its new 2022 Z650RS retro-sport machine
After teasing us with YouTube clips and sneaky images of its new retro-inspired machine for what seems like months, Kawasaki has finally unveiled its new 2022 Z650RS.
The Z650RS is the latest addition to the 650cc-class parallel twin-cylinder range with styling cues clearly inspired by the Z900RS. The Z650RS is closely based on the Z650L and the two machines share the same 37.8kW of power at 8000rpm and 59Nm of torque at 6500rpm performance figures. The Z650RS weighs in at 186kg ready to ride – 1kg less than the Z650L and seat height increases from 790mm to 860mm on the RS.
Retro-style slim fuel tank design is narrow between the knees with a 12-litre capacity.
• The compact, horizontal tail is adorned with an LED taillight.
• The low weight trellis frame and tuned suspension settings create a balanced motorcycle with easy handling.
• Slim design, seat height and low weight add to the manouevrability and facilitates low-speed turning.
• The seat height is 800mm has an easy reach to the ground due to the slim tank and seat design.
• Optimised for everyday riding the exciting 649cc parallel-twin engine offers smooth, linear performance.
• A high, wide handlebar creates an upright seating position with ample legroom for a natural, confident riding position.
• Analogue-style speedometer and tachometer dials are complemented by an LCD screen with retro-styling.
• The LED headlight features two chambers, like a retro-style bulb, that provide strong, modern illumination.
• Kawasaki original cast wheels feature flat spoked design to look like classic wire-spoke wheels.
• Assist & Slipper Clutch is combined with ABS as standard fitments on the Z650RS to enhance the braking and handling.
• Learner approved and available in two special editions colours. Arriving in late 2021.