ALL-NEW TRIUMPH TRIDENT 660 LAUNCHED | MANUFACTURER NEWS
Triumph releases full details of its new LAMS approved Trident 660
Triumph has entered the middleweight category with its all-new LAMs approved Trident 660 roadster, designed to deliver three significant advantages.
From its unique triple engine performance advantage to its class-leading technology and handling, and competitive $10,990 (plus ORC) price, the Trident 660 introduces a whole new dimension to a new generation of Triumph riders.
The Trident 660 marks the beginning of a new chapter for the Triumph Roadster segment and competes in what is now one of the most dynamic and exciting categories in motorcycling including the appeal for LAMs riders. Its design, combined with class-leading
technology and a new 660cc triple powertrain, constitute the perfect combination for a new generation of riders to enter the Triumph world, with a motorcycle that provides class leading riding agility, thrilling performance, enhanced by state-of-the-art safety features, and an iconic
and modern British design.
The new 660 triple engine delivers all the character and performance advantages of a triple to the middle-weight category for the first time, and has been developed specifically for the Trident, with Triumph claiming that the Trident will deliver the perfect balance of low-down torque, mid-range and top-end power, with the triple’s signature smooth, responsive and linear delivery. The result is an engine that has been designed to combine the low down and mid-range of a twin, with the top end performance of a four-cylinder engine, to deliver a major performance advantage with the best of all worlds.
The Trident will be available in Australia from February 2021 with a competitive price of just $10,999 + On-roads
A whole new dimension of fun, performance, and style
- Joining Triumph’s award-winning Roadster line up, home of the category defining Street Triple RS, Speed Triple RS, and Moto2 race engine programme.
- The Trident 660 combines triple engine performance, pure and minimalistic lines, and class-leading technology to deliver pure riding pleasure.
Triple engine performance advantage
- Perfect combination of punchy linear power and torque, low down and across the whole rev range.
- LAMs approved 54PS peak power @ 8,750rpm and 59Nm peak torque @ 5,000rpm.
- Slip and assist clutch
- Unique triple sound
Class-leading technology, fitted as standard
- Road and Rain riding modes
- Switchable traction control (integrated into the riding modes)
- Ride by wire throttle
High specification features include:
- All-new multi-functional instruments with colour TFT display, with
- Accessory fit “My Triumph” Connectivity System
- All-LED lighting
High specification, premium branded equipment, including:
- Showa upside down forks and Showa preload adjustable monoshock RSU
- Nissin brakes with twin 310mm discs
- Michelin Road 5 tyres
- Sporty, agile and dynamic confidence-inspiring ride
- All-new chassis, with comfortable ergonomics and 805mm seat height
- Lightweight 189kg “wet weight”
Unique character and distinctive style
- Original British design
- Pure, minimalistic form, with distinctive silhouette, clean lines and Triumph’s design DNA
- Four stylish and contemporary colour scheme options
- 45 dedicated Trident accessories