Indian Motorcycle revises FTR lineup and debuts Indian Challenger Elite.
Indian Motorcycle announces 2023 models, featuring the new FTR Sport and Indian Challenger Elite, along with various model updates and new colour options.
Indian FTR Sport and FTR R Carbon
Replacing FTR S, the FTR Sport is designed for riders to enjoy the pure sport of motorcycling and sits just below the premium FTR R Carbon.
New for 2023, the FTR Sport and FTR R Carbon are upgraded with a four-inch round touchscreen display powered by RIDE COMMAND, featuring navigation. Three ride modes (Sport, Standard, Rain) are provided, while Lean Angle Sensitive Stability Control and ABS provide confidence in all conditions. The FTR R Carbon separates itself as the premium offering with carbon fibre components, premium seat, fully adjustable Öhlins gold front forks and a gold piggyback shock.
The new FTR Sport tank panel design is available in Black Metallic with Indy Red accents and White Lightning with Indy Red and Black Metallic accents. The iconic Indian script logo tank panels are exclusive to the FTR R Carbon, which is finished with a classy Cloud Silver and Championship Gold pinstriping.
All FTR models now offer a new sports exhaust muffler and a retuned front braking system for a firmer feel. Indian Motorcycle also moved the speedometer up for increased visibility and added a new clutch for improved feel and performance.
Indian Challenger Elite
The 2023 Indian Challenger Elite will offer only 150 units around the world, the limited-edition bagger makes a bold statement with its premium Sapphire Blue Smoke Paint with Black Smoke and Titanium Metallic Smoke Accents.
The Indian Challenger Elite features The PowerPlus engine with advanced ride-enhancing technology for a premium a riding experience.
Indian Challenger Elite’s premium features include:
- Three selectable ride modes,
- Electronically adjustable rear suspension preload from Fox
- Smart Lean Technology
- Adaptive LED Headlight
- LED driving lights
- Adjustable flare windscreen
- Select floorboards
- Heated grips
- 6.5” Powerband Audio with Saddlebag Speakers
- New Precision Cut five-spoke wheel
A Diverse Range
The 2023 Indian Motorcycle lineup offers a host of new upgrades, including:
- All Thunderstroke and PowerPlus models receive a new clutch – improving the overall feel and reduces clutch fatigue when riding in traffic.
- Indian Springfield, Chieftain, Challenger, Roadmaster and Pursuit models feature a redesigned LED headlight, which improves the reach and spread of light.
- Integrated buttons on the Heated/Cooled seats for PowerPlus and Thunderstroke models now feature haptics, which allows riders to feel the button’s responsiveness when wearing gloves.
- Indian Pursuit models now offer Lower Fairing Storage compartments as standard.
Across the line, Indian Motorcycle has introduced an array of new paint colours, including Sagebrush Smoke on Chief Dark Horse and Stryker Red Metallic on Super Chief Limited, Pursuit Dark Horse and Roadmaster Limited models. While Titanium Smoke is introduced to Challenger Dark Horse. Please visit the website for a comprehensive view of the lineup’s new paint colours.
Initial model year 2023 shipping will vary by model but is anticipated to start arriving in Australia and New Zealand from late March/early April 2023.
Learn more or test ride by visiting an Indian Motorcycle dealership.