The new model receives updates to the engine, suspension, chassis, aerodynamics, design and assistance systems.
The new 2023 BMW S 1000 RR receives updates to the engine, suspension, chassis, aerodynamics, design and assistance systems.
Other than mechanical updates, the new edition gets a redesigned front section including winglets, a lighter tail section and comes in three new colour schemes Blackstorm metallic, Style Passion in Racing red and the racing-oriented Lightwhite/BMW M.
“With a more powerful engine, advanced suspension and chassis, the new Brake Slide Assist and DTC Slide Control assistance systems as well as optimised aerodynamics with winglets and a redesigned rear end, we were able to raise the RR’s performance to a new level.” Wolfgang Wallner, Project Manager S 1000 RR
Peak power is now 154 kW (210 hp) at 13,750 rpm , 2 kW (3 hp) more than the previous model. The maximum torque of 113 Nm is generated at 11,000 rpm. max rpm is 14,600 rpm.
Dynamic Traction Control
The new Dynamic Traction Control DTC is the Slide Control function allowing a selection of two preset drift angles for the traction control system when accelerating out of bends. This is achieved using a steering angle sensor.
Advanced “Flex Frame” and newly defined chassis and suspension geometry.
The chassis is still the aluminium bridge frame with several openings down the side to optimise lateral flexibility. The steering head angle has been flattened out by 0.5° and the offset of the triple clamps reduced by 3mm for increased accuracy and clearer feedback from the front wheel.
ABS Pro with new Brake Slide Assist and ABS Pro “Slick” setting functions.
The new Brake Slide Assist function is helpful for race track riders combined with the new DTC Slide Control function, it allows setting of specific drift angle for braking drifts while sliding into corners.
As with the M RR, winglets on the new RR ensure the best possible contact of the front wheel with the road. They generate aerodynamic downforce and reduce the bike’s tendency to wheelie.
2023 BMW S 1000 RR features
- More power: 154 kW (210 hp) at 13,750 rpm and 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm.
- Shorter secondary gear ratio for more traction.
- Advanced “Flex Frame”.
- Chassis geometry with new values for steering head angle, offset, caster and wheelbase.
- M Chassis Kit as standard with adjustable swing arm pivot point.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC with new Slide Control function for accelerating drifts.
- ABS Pro with new Brake Slide Assist function for braking drifts.
- ABS Pro Setting “Slick”
- Optimised aerodynamics with new front section, winglets and windshield.
- M lightweight battery as standard.
- USB charging port in the rear section.
- Redesigned rear section
- Shorter number plate holder with removable wiring harness.
We don’t know yet when it will be arriving on Australian shores but it is coming soon!
Visit bmw-motorrad.com.au for more information