BMW Motorrad Australia to launch new R 1250 R sports tourer in 2023
The new BMW R 1250 R sports tourer is due to be released in Australia early 2023, with new standard equipment features.
Featuring the two-cylinder boxer engine which generates 100kW (136hp) thanks to BMW ShiftCam technology for varying valve timing and valve lift on the intake side, with smooth and quiet running and outstanding fuel consumption and lower emissions.
DTC and “ECO” mode
The standard fitment Automatic Stability Control DTC provides traction in all conditions and the new standard “ECO” riding mode increases fuel-efficiently to maximise range. In ECO mode, the TFT colour display provides an efficiency display in the upper status line.
ABS Pro and DBC
The R 1250 R in its latest edition features BMW Integral ABS Pro and Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) as standard to increases safety when braking in difficult situations, maintaining stability and shortening the braking distance.
Adaptive turning headlight
The new R 1250 R standard features include redesigned LED turn indicators and the iconic daytime running light and a full LED headlamp.
The adaptive turning light is available as part of the optional Dynamic Package and provides the rider with even better illumination of the road on bends up to a leaning angle of 25 degrees by switching on additional LED elements in the main headlight.
TFT colour display
The new R 1250 R is equipped with a high definition TFT colour display featuring integrated arrow navigation and extensive connectivity and customisable screen displays for various purposes.
The new BMW R 1250 R includes a 12-volt on-board power socket plus a USB-A socket with a five-volt power supply for fast smartphone charging.
A seat heating system for rider and pillion passenger is available as part of the Touring Package with five heating levels. The heated grips settings – in combination with the seat heating featuring five instead of two heating levels operated via a menu.
- Primal power boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
- Smooth power across entire rev range, optimised fuel consumption and emission levels.
- Output and torque: 100kW (136 hp) at 7,250rpm and 143Nm at 6,250rpm.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
- BMW Motorrad ABS Pro (part integral) as standard.
- Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) as standard.
- Three riding modes as standard.
- “ECO” riding mode for economical riding as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro with additional riding modes and new riding mode preselection as well as engine drag torque control (MSR) as optional equipment ex works.
- “Sport” Core Screen as standard.
- Adaptive turning headlight
- On-board power socket and USB socket as standard.
- Seat heating for rider and pillion.
- Solo rear special equipment.
- Special equipment spoke wheels.
- Attractive base colour and two model variants Triple Black and Sport as optional extras ex works.
- Large range of optional equipment and accessories available.
R 1250 R
Includes Comfort Package (Keyless Ride, Chrome Exhaust Headers, Design Option Silencer, Heated Grips & Tyre Pressure Monitoring), Dual Seat and Ice Grey finish.
R 1250 R Sport
Includes Comfort Package (Keyless Ride, Chrome Exhaust Headers, Design Option Silencer, Heated Grips & Tyre Pressure Monitoring), Dynamic Package (Inc. MSR Brake Control, Dynamic ESA, Gear Shift Assist Pro, Riding Modes Pro) with Adaptive Headlight, Cruise Control & Sport Silencer, Style Sport (inc. Single Seater, Sport Handlebar) – ALT. Passenger Kit with Touring package and finished in Racing Blue Metallic.
R 1250 R Triple Black
Includes Comfort Package (Keyless Ride, Chrome Exhaust Headers, Design Option Silencer, Heated Grips & Tyre Pressure Monitoring), Dynamic Package (Inc. MSR Brake Control, Dynamic ESA, Gear Shift Assist Pro, Riding Modes Pro) with Adaptive Headlight, Cruise Control, Style Triple Black (inc. Tankcover Pure, Engine Spoiler, Single Seater) ALT. Passenger Kit with Touring package and finished in Black Storm Metallic.
*Recommended Retail Pricing excludes on-road costs. Contact your local nearest BMW Motorrad dealer for pricing enquiries.